Many people today start a blog or a YouTube channel to become famous a and gain free products and earn a ton of money. Blogs and other social media have become work and a way for companies to reach their potential clients and sell their merchandise.
When I was in high school, blogging was a new thing and we were all connecting to the internet only when taking a computer class, in the library or at a lucky friends house whose parents got internet. Dial up internet with all of its squeaky noises, bad connections and our really fast computer of 160 mb RAM hard drives. It was popular to have a Myspace or a blog. As many did, I also ventured into the world of blogging with a really goth metal emo nickname and title, have written about my first loves and quoted favorite lyrics with pretty bad pixel graphics of bloody roses and other really cool stuff at the time.Since then, I have had many attempts at blogging and many posts about my many blogs, each time vowing that this is the blog. That this time I will continue writing and actually have a blog and just a sad little corner of web which nobody got to because I would have only two blog posts of 20 words.
So, back at it again these are my 6 reasons to start blogging, again:
- In the last 5 years I have been following many YT stars which all started with just a blog, but it was not about the fame. It was about the fact that they all talked about how they have problems with anxiety and that being able to express themselves online helped them gain self-confidence, friends and new experiences. So my goal is just that.
- I started reading novels at a very young age and wanted to write a novel since forever. This blog will be a good exercise in writing.
- Since I fell in love with photography I had a lot of photos saved on my computer and Instagram helped to get them in the world, but many don’t make the cut, so this will also be a great place to share them with anybody who stumbles upon this blog.
- In person I often come across as a know it all, with a huge will to help people and many hours spent exploring stuff I gained a pretty great amount of knowledge abut totally random things. So with me trying to not council people to much as not to come across as I know it all, this will be a good opportunity to share some tutorials and advice to any who might need it.
- In the last year I started to research social media marketing and marketing in general and I really need a place where I can try all of the advice without a superior telling me that that does not fit out business needs.
- And for my last reason, this blog will also serve as a sort of a dairy of my everyday life.
I really hope that this blog will be THE blog for me and that this time I will be able to find enough courage, patience and inspiration to write once in awhile in an entertaining way. Hope to see someone reading this and commenting in the future. x